John Hindle Drive Extension Project Completed
Date Posted: September 4, 2018 | By Paul Shul, Ministry Representative
Photo Caption: The smiling faces are two guys who did some heavy lifting this past 2 months:
* Neil MacKenzie, Contractor Representative; Hall Constructors
* Andreas Boxhorn, Contractor Manager; Hall Constructors
Congratulations to Hall Constructors and in particular congratulations to Brian Atkins, Neil MacKenzie, Andreas Boxhorn, Michael Nakai and their crew, staff, subcontractors and suppliers on their hard work over the past 16 months and their successful opening of the John Hindle Drive project this afternoon.
Building upon previous work done by the City of Kelowna, this project includes the construction of the final segment of John Hindle Drive, connecting Glenmore Landfill with UBC Okanagan Campus. The Connection is approximately 1.8 km long.
The project includes:
- Connecting John Hindle Drive from the Glenmore Landfill to UBC Okanagan Campus at Alumni Avenue (1.8 km)
- Construction of a separated multi-use pathway from Glenmore Road to Hollywood Road (2.8 km)
- A new signal and intersection at Upper Campus Way and Academy Way
- Accommodation for access to agricultural land
- This is Phase 3 of the John Hindle Drive (Phase 1 and 2 were completed by the City of Kelowna)